Who’s in charge here?!
Now more than ever, I feel the need to voice my passion for healthy eating, healthy habits and last but not least, healthy thinking.
You may feel that external factors have been controlling your wellbeing and stopping you in your attempt to feel well physically and mentally. Whether C-19, stress, sugar, pollution, genes, slow metabolism, low immunity or even emotions triggering you to eat the ‘wrong’ foods, all these factors have one thing in common: YOUR ability to control their impact on you.
If you want to start taking charge of your health, here are some tips I have gathered from helping hundreds of patients turn their health around, that could do the same for you:
- Step one: Always start with self-awareness: You are the best judge of what habits, foods and even thoughts work for or against you right now. You know that you don’t drink enough water, smoke too much, don’t move enough, eat too much sugar. You know what these are doing to you. Sit with objectivity and compassion for yourself and make a list of the genuinely good things, habits, foods and thoughts that work for you – versus those that don’t. (This should be a long list and no one else has to see it).
- Step two: Take one food/thought/belief/habit out of that list and make a decision to change it for what you know does work for you. You may need help with that, or to do some research but do it.
- Step three: Address one new habit/food/thought from your list when you’ve made a lasting change to the previous set. Give yourself time (even months) to really feel the difference these changes have made. You’ve probably had years of thinking/eating/acting in a certain way, it may take time to shift these.
- Step four: Train yourself to control your thoughts. Only YOU are responsible for them, and they affect your emotions, choices and re-actions, and ultimately they will manifest physically. So stop those that don’t serve your ‘plan’.
- Take full responsibility for your eating habits, thoughts, lifestyle choices. No one else – not viruses, ‘new world order’, ‘those in charge’ or even your genes or metabolism – are ultimately responsible. You are.
Do you want help to transform your gut or any other health issue?
Click the link below to book your free 30 minute phone/video consultation.