So your booze/sugar/naughtiness-free month is over and you may be feeling lighter, more energetic, clear-headed and generally healthier. Well done! But why stop now? Stretch your new year’s resolutions into the dark winter months by making these clever simple changes:
- Drink a pint of warm water and freshly squeezed lemon juice first thing on waking – great for encouraging elimination and feeling clean from the inside out.
- Load up on omega-rich foods for plump, glowing skin and a great boost of energy: Add a tbsp. or two of chia seeds to your breakfast porridge, smoothie, juice or soup; eat oily fish 3 times a week and have a handful of kale/spinach/broccoli at least once a day. Every day.
- Energy = oxygen! Consciously breathe into your abdomen 4-5 times a day by ‘pushing it out’ as you inhale (like inflating a balloon) and ‘pushing it in’ when exhaling. Repeat 5 times. Great for relaxation, reducing stress and charging up your batteries through the day.
- Keep your weight in check by eating little and often through the day – don’t leave longer than 3 hours between meals, but keep these small.
- Boost immunity by keeping your digestion smooth: take a good-quality probiotic every day (see which supplements I recommend on my website below) or eat a bowl of plain organic live yogurt every morning (if you tolerate dairy).
Do you want help to transform your gut or any other health issue?
If you’ve tried many things and want a more holistic, natural approach that combines body, mind, spirit, check the programs I offer in my ‘services’