Resolutions over..or are they?
So your booze/sugar/naughtiness-free month is over and you may be feeling lighter, more energetic, clear-headed and generally healthier. Well done! But why stop now? Stretch your new year’s resolutions into the dark winter months by making these clever simple changes:
- Drink a pint of warm water and freshly squeezed lemon juice first thing on waking – great for encouraging elimination and feeling clean from the inside out.
- Load up on omega-rich foods for plump, glowing skin and a great boost of energy: Add a tbsp. or two of chia seeds to your breakfast porridge, smoothie, juice or soup; eat oily fish 3 times a week and have a handful of kale/spinach/broccoli at least once a day. Every day.
- Energy = oxygen! Consciously breathe into your abdomen 4-5 times a day by ‘pushing it out’ as you inhale (like inflating a balloon) and ‘pushing it in’ when exhaling. Repeat 5 times. Great for relaxation, reducing stress and charging up your batteries through the day.
- Keep your weight in check by eating little and often through the day – don’t leave longer than 3 hours between meals, but keep these small.
- Boost immunity by keeping your digestion smooth: take a good-quality probiotic every day (see which supplements I recommend on my website below) or eat a bowl of plain organic live yogurt every morning (if you tolerate dairy).
Here’s to a healthy year!
Do you want help to transform your gut or any other health issue?
If you’ve tried many things and want a more holistic, natural approach that combines body, mind, spirit, check the programs I offer in my ‘services’