Tip # 12 Top 5 healthy tips so far
- Water is the healthiest single step to health for your child and the whole family. With warm days upon us, make sure your child drinks 1 to 1 ½ litres of pure, still water every day. If their wee has a strong smell and is dark yellow, if they suffer from headaches, dry skin/lips, low energy, constant hunger, they are likely to be dehydrated.
- Good fats are essential for vitality and lasting health. Good fats are: fish oils: salmon, trout, fresh tuna, sardines, mackerel; flax/linseed oil – used only cold in smoothies, on salads. Avoiding bad fats is equally important: cooked vegetable oils in biscuits, cakes, pastries, ready-meals; transfats in margarines and ‘spreads’. Safe to cook: butter, butter-ghee, palm oil, virgin coconut oil, goose and duck fats – add olive oil only at the end of cooking!
- Vegetables contain more vitamins and minerals than any other food and are essential to your child’s health. Involve kids in choosing, growing, cooking, tasting. Show the right example by eating lots of vegetables in front of them and explaining why they are so important. Make sure they have at least 5 portions of vegetables (fruits are on top of that!) per day.
- Breakfast of kings: including proteins for breakfast will help keep your child’s energy levels steady all day. This will ensure they don’t feel low and peckish all the time. Breakfast is also a great opportunity for you to include vegetables and savoury foods into your child’s diet, as opposed to cereals that give them very little nutrition and lots of sugar and salt that will sap their energy and vitality.
- Snack time is a great opportunity for you to introduce vegetables, fruits and wholesome foods into the children’s diet. Give them cut up vegetables with houmous, homemade popcorn with a few drops of raw honey, sandwiches with salad/tomato/vegetables on wholemeal bread, sweet potato wedges, nuts and seeds, plain yogurt and fruits – are just a few examples.
What’s Your Next Step?
Enter your contact details below to book your Complimentary Phone Consultation:
In this session we will discuss:
- What you really want for your health, your body, your life
- Obstacles that are preventing you from living life to the full
- Your dreams and goals
Then we will come up with a plan of action to get you on the road to recovery.
Thank you and I look forward to talking with you soon!