Almost everyone I meet through my work asks me how to improve their immunity this time of year, as Spring doesn’t just mean sunshine and blossoms, but also sniffles, hayfever, stomach bugs.
So what is the secret to good immunity? Your GUT!
I often tell children that the tummy has lots of friendly soldiers (beneficial gut flora) defending their bodies against invaders. Without fail, whenever I see clients with low immunity and related illnesses, their digestion isn’t going smoothly.
How do you know if yours is healthy? Start with at least one bowel movement a day (which varies a little from person to person). This should be painless, not too loose or difficult to pass.
If this isn’t the case, then stock up on the following: water, green leafy vegetables, wholegrain, good fats:
- nuts + seeds
- apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp in warm water just before one meal a day)
- plain organic live yogurt
- aloe vera ‘juice’ (unsweetened)
- a good probiotic supplement.
On the other hand, avoid:
- white goods’ (white pasta, bread, cakes, biscuits, cereals)
- fizzy drinks (diet drinks included)
- processed foods
- excessive animal protein, particularly processed meats like ham/pepperoni etc.
Finally, try and reduce stress and express your anger/frustration through exercise, punching a pillow, singing really loudly in your car/shower, screaming back at the seagulls…your gut will thank you for it.
Here’s to a lighter stronger you!
Do you want help to transform your gut or any other health issue?
If you’ve tried many things and want a more holistic, natural approach that combines body, mind, spirit, check the programs I offer in my ‘services’