Hit the Reset Button During the Holidays
If you think about the holidays, there are only about 2 to 3 days of actual celebrations.
With the diet mindset well entrenched into your habits, you might think: “I’ll get healthy and go on a diet after the holiday ‘season’, right now I want to be able to indulge”. So you’ll be ‘indulging’ (whatever that means for you) for a whole 30-32 days – before you decide to do something about your health/weight/low energy/gut problems etc. That’s a lot of days.
Why delay your healing and feeling fabulous about yourself? Why not use the extra time to get a head-start before the new year? It may not only help you survive the ‘holiday low’ that often comes this time of year, but it will give you something positive to look forward to and feel proud of while everyone else feels fat/heavy/low, etc.
Here are some easy habits you could adopt right now:
- Pick wisely: Allow yourself to relax and indulge only on actual celebration days -pick wisely and really enjoy the food, drink or whatever you are doing. Guilt-free.
- Move more: Decide on one ‘movement’ habit you’re going to start right now – something that gives you joy (dancing around the kitchen?) and do it every day.
- Plan plan plan: Make planning your meals and snacks a weekly habit and shop accordingly. No impulsive buys.
- Diary are essential: Keep a food & habit diary to keep track and help you feel good about yourself.
- Slow down and appreciate more: Slow down when you eat your chocolate Santa, chew your turkey, drink your cocktail, take your time and be mindful of the taste, the sensations it gives you, appreciate every moment. And then assess if you want more or if you’d be happy stopping there.
- Relax with intention: Take 5 deep slow breaths 3-5 times every day to reset your central nervous system.
- Strive for balance. If you’ve been sitting a lot, it’s time to move a little. If you haven’t stopped moving and doing things, stop and relax. If you’ve had a large meal, restore balance with some broth or light soup.
You don’t have to wait for New Year’s Resolutions to set some health-changing new habits right now. Who ever sticks to these anyway?
If you would like some help in exploring how your habits and mind may be keeping your body stuck in repeating negative health patterns, book a free online consultation with me, this link
Or look through my services here