Gut Friendly Carrot Muffins
These muffins will satisfy the sugar cravings my patients often have when they eliminate foods that cause them gut issues.
This is actually a good, lightly sweet and healthy recipe for those days when a sliced carrot and houmous just won’t cut it..
Full of protein and good fats, so a great snack or breakfast option 🙂
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda (bic of sodium)
½ tsp seasalt
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup melted ghee or coconut oil
1 ½ cups shredded carrots (organic)
½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin pan or line with silicon or paper muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until combined.
- Add eggs, honey, vanilla and oil and mix until incorporated and no lumps remain.
- Mix in shredded carrots and nuts (if using).
- Fill the muffin cups approximately half full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Makes approximately 12 muffins
Do you want help to transform your gut or any other health issue?
If you’ve tried many things and want a more holistic, natural approach that combines body, mind, spirit, check the programmes I offer in my ‘services‘