Gluten Free Delicious Quinoa Bread
This is a delicious bread with no eggs, so easy to digest and vegan if you omit the honey and replace the ghee with coconut oil.
The quinoa – officially a seed, gives you some protein, which will make this a more filling bread than just a plain flour loaf.
Have it toasted with some humous, almond/cashew butter or just some olive oil, a little balsamic vinegar and a pinch of crunchy sea salt. Delicious!
2 cups quinoa
3⁄4 cups chia seeds
1⁄2 cup mixed seeds (pumpkin, flax, sunflower or just one of these) 3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp bic. of sodium
1 tsp raw honey
- Rinse the quinoa well
- Soak overnight the rinsed quinoa overnight in the fridge.
- Add 1 cup of water over the chia seeds and soak in the fridge overnight – separately from the quinoa.
- Pre-heat oven to 160C
- Rinse and drain the quinoa and add to the blender
- Add the quinoa seeds with the soaking water to the blender
- Then mix all the other ingredients except mixed seeds
- Blend until smoother, but do not completely blend the quinoa, keep it semi-blended otherwise the batter will be too sticky
- Add a little water if too thick
- Add the melted ghee
- Add the mixed seeds at the end and mix by hand.
- Pour into a bread tin lined in parchment paper
- Bake for 70 minutes.
- Best eaten toasted.
Do you want help to transform your gut or any other health issue?
>> Book a FREE 30-minute video consultation by filling the form below.